A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Unique way to bring down the walls
icon14.gif Unique way to bring down the walls  [message #64778] Tue, 09 November 2010 16:34 Go to next message
chrisjames147 is currently offline  chrisjames147

Really getting into it

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40085439/ns/world_news-europe/?GT1=43001

Any thrust at the walls surrounding the gay community ought to be welcome. This couple does have a point. Good laws should not be benifit only gay people, we need to be seen as normal in every aspect.

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
Re: Unique way to bring down the walls  [message #64780 is a reply to message #64778] Tue, 09 November 2010 16:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

We, as usual, rushed the law through. This happens when Labour is in power. The law had good intentions and is bad law.

Half of me says these are troublemakers, half says they are right.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
icon5.gif Re: Unique way to bring down the walls  [message #64784 is a reply to message #64780] Tue, 09 November 2010 17:42 Go to previous message
chrisjames147 is currently offline  chrisjames147

Really getting into it

I have often wondered. If a gay couple are married in a church, (the religious ceremony could be performed by say the Metropolitan Community Church, a Protestant denomination here in the US) and then applied for the civil status dermanding a marriage license issued by government, would they be denied?

Would such a denial be a breach of their right to religious freedom? The government certainly cannot deny a church the right to marry its members, they have no control over what a church might do. Our Constitution guarantees that.

But very much agree with your statement, Timmy, these two could be troublemakers...but then who is in trouble, hopefully the law.

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
Previous Topic: What makes me ANGRY
Next Topic: homophobe fired
Goto Forum: