A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > I have never done anything like this before...
I have never done anything like this before...  [message #65033] Tue, 30 November 2010 07:25 Go to next message
JFR is currently offline  JFR

On fire!

...But this time I feel that I must.

Fred Phelps and the Westboro Baptist Church (WBC) are heading to Brandeis University Hillel to picket with their anti-gay and anti-semitic message, scheduled to protest for 45 minutes, from 8:45 AM to 9:30 am, on December 3. We are collecting donations For every minute WBC protests to benefit Keshet, the premier national organization that offers support, training, and resources to create a Jewish community that welcomes and affirms GLBT Jews.

Join the "Phelps-a-thon!" - http://phelps-a-thon.com/hillel.html

If you follow the link you can make a modest (or immodest Wink ) donation and also see a short, hate-full interview with Mrs Phelps. This is one way in which each and every one of us (i.e. YOU) can really stick it to those god-forsaken clowns.

J F R

The paradox has often been noted that the United States, founded in secularism, is now the most religiose country in Christendom, while England, with an established church headed by its constitutional monarch, is among the least. (Richard Dawkins, 2006)
Re: I have never done anything like this before...  [message #65034 is a reply to message #65033] Tue, 30 November 2010 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

She seems such a sweet charming bitch, doesn't she. So now I am a brute beast.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
icon3.gif Re: I have never done anything like this before...  [message #65037 is a reply to message #65033] Tue, 30 November 2010 16:35 Go to previous message
dartagnon is currently offline  dartagnon

Likes it here

Thanks for the info, JFR. I've passed this along to OutQ radio hosts. I don't know if they'll use it, but I had to at least try to get the word out. Romaine Patterson, of the Derrek and Romaine show, has had past contact with Phelps, using her Angel Action to counteract his message of hate. With any luck, our folk in and around Brandeis will have enough heads up about Phelps and the WBC to take some positive action.

It's not the wolf you see you should fear, but all the ones he howls with. Don't be afraid of the song, but don't piss off the choir.
Previous Topic: Brrrrrrrrrr.
Next Topic: A brief reminder ...
Goto Forum: