A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > A Special Treat For You Folks
icon14.gif A Special Treat For You Folks  [message #65067] Sun, 05 December 2010 04:21 Go to next message
Brody Levesque is currently offline  Brody Levesque

Really getting into it

The viral video sensation known as the Norwegian “Let It Be,” featuring some 40 random actors and personalities singing snippets of The Beatles classic against an idyllic ocean background -- everyone from Glenn Close to Jason Alexander, Philip Michael Thomas to Tonya Harding -- makes its way around the online universe. The six-minute clip serves as a promotion for Norwegian TV show “Gylne Tider" ("Golden Times”) in which host Øyvind Mund interviews equally random celebrities about their past work. Its fourth season premiered October 31 on Norway’s TV2, the largest network in the country which airs many syndicated American shows including "Melrose Place" and "Seinfeld."

The new season of “Golden Times,” meanwhile, promises sanctioned interviews with “pop stars, sports legends, heroes and villains” including Roger Moore, Huey Lewis, Ricki Lake and Pamela Anderson. It’s not the first all-star stunt the program has pulled. In 2008, the show recruited the likes of Louis Gossett, Jr., Bo Derek, Linda Evans and Stefani Powers for a lip-synched version of “We Are the World.” Check out that clip below.

icon14.gif Re: A Special Treat For You Folks  [message #65068 is a reply to message #65067] Sun, 05 December 2010 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DesDownunder is currently offline  DesDownunder

Likes it here

Thank you Brody. In these difficult and often trying times, it is good to be reminded of the good in the world; to see people join together in rejoicing life, instead of condemning it.

The sheer effort in bringing these videos to such satisfying completion is a wonder in itself.

You'd have to be a miserable human being not to be positively moved by these messages of love.

DesDownunder

Call me naive if you want, but life without trust in the goodness of others would be intolerable.

Religious indoctrination: It gets better, without it.
Thank you. An especial treat these two vidéos truly are.  [message #65069 is a reply to message #65067] Sun, 05 December 2010 13:40 Go to previous message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

In viewing the second, Gylne Tider's rendition of Michael Jackson and Lionel Ritchie's "We Are The World", I again have been reminded that there are but a handful of tunes, in truth likely no more than a dozen of them, that from their opening chord are capable of bringing tears to my eyes and with their conclusion have rendered me a blubbering incoherent mess. "We Are The World" (words and music by Michael Jackson and Lionel Ritchie, arrangement and orchestrations by Quincy Jones) is near the top of that short list.

Each and every time I hear the song, I can't help but marvel at the tune's freshness and relevance even some 25-years after it was first recorded; and simply hope that should the late Mr. Jackson be remembered for any one singular achievement in his long tortured career, that that remembrance be for "We Are The World" and its' timeless message of goodwill, charity and hope and that it would become his enduring legacy with generations upon generations of Mankind.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

[Updated on: Sun, 05 December 2010 13:41]

"... comme recherché qu'un délice callipygian"
Previous Topic: AFA: Gays Should Be Paying For 100% Of All AIDS Research
Next Topic: Uganda’s “Kill The Gays” Bill Author Coming To Washington
Goto Forum: