A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > "Kill The Gays" Bill Author David Bahati On Rachel Maddow
icon13.gif "Kill The Gays" Bill Author David Bahati On Rachel Maddow  [message #65090] Thu, 09 December 2010 05:59 Go to next message
Brody Levesque is currently offline  Brody Levesque

Really getting into it

[via Joe.My.God] Last night the author of Uganda's "Kill The Gays" bill, David Behati, appeared on the Rachel Maddow Show where Maddow repeatedly called Behati out on his ridiculous claims about wealthy American homosexuals "paying Ugandan schoolchildren to become gay." Behati's bill came about after The Family, a powerful GOP-based lobby of anti-gay Christianists, visited Uganda to preach against homosexuality. Watch this:

[Updated on: Fri, 10 December 2010 14:26]

Re: "Kill The Gays" Bill Author David Bahati On Rachel Maddow  [message #65091 is a reply to message #65090] Thu, 09 December 2010 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

It seems part 3 is due today.

I watched it. I found that he was a shifty man whose body language said he was lying about the data he says he has. He is the type of man I would not welcome anywhere near me. He gives Africa a bad name and he leaves a nasty stench in the room.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
icon13.gif Re: "Kill The Gays" Bill Author David Bahati On Rachel Maddow  [message #65092 is a reply to message #65090] Thu, 09 December 2010 12:50 Go to previous message
chrisjames147 is currently offline  chrisjames147

Really getting into it

It appears that Behati has been recruited into the Christian right's view on homosexuality, seduced with religious dogma and money into believing what he says here.

For generations African nations have rebelled against the colonial powers that once held sway over their lives. I now find it absurdly sad that they are once again allowing "Christian colonialism" to enter their political structure and dictate laws governing society.

Behati and his ilk have been duped and thus Uganda is closer to what will become the Christian model of a Jesus State, ignoring the rights of the people. We should all be aware that this is what the Christian fanatics of the world would wish upon our own countries.

We call the Taliban the extremists of the Middle East, what do we call the fanatics elsewhere? Christians? Just as the Taliban have given Islam a bad name, those who seek to seduce the people in Uganda and purge their country of homosexuals breed a different form of fanatical religion.

If it were my place to decide I would offer all LBGT people in Uganda political assylum and cut off all aid of any kind to those idiots. Let them eat Bibles and drain the coffers of the religious right. Behati has been brainwashed and now all he spouts are the words written by his new colonial masters the religious right.

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
Previous Topic: Update On Warren C. E. Austin's Health
Next Topic: Police Raid A Popular Gay Bar
Goto Forum: