A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Acrobatic gymnastics
Acrobatic gymnastics  [message #65400] Sat, 05 March 2011 13:17 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Amazing power, yet somehow incongruous

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Acrobatic gymnastics  [message #65401 is a reply to message #65400] Sat, 05 March 2011 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chrisjames147 is currently offline  chrisjames147

Really getting into it

I suppose we are so used to seeing pairs consisting of a male and female that something like this may seem strange.

But I agree, the strength evident in those bodies is astounding. Their effort is to be applauded.

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
Re: Acrobatic gymnastics  [message #65402 is a reply to message #65401] Sat, 05 March 2011 17:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

It's not the male/female thing. Edward has the size of a 12 year old and moves almost like one, but is far stronger than his 19 years.

The incongruity is the adultness of the childlike form.

[Updated on: Sat, 05 March 2011 17:45]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Acrobatic gymnastics  [message #65403 is a reply to message #65402] Sat, 05 March 2011 18:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

And Timmy says: "The incongruity is the adultness of the childlike form."

Perhaps in this sport size counts, it does seem to make him easier to toss around. As for the rest...we would have to visit the locker room...but I am sure he is just as capable in all other aspects of his life. A handsome lad.
Smile

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
Re: Acrobatic gymnastics  [message #65404 is a reply to message #65403] Sat, 05 March 2011 18:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I follow him on Twitter. He is a gloriously unpretentious and ordinary. He'd make a great brother, big or kid.

Re: Acrobatic gymnastics  [message #65405 is a reply to message #65404] Sat, 05 March 2011 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

How wonderful, thank you for sharing that, Timmy. Here's a young man with great skill at his craft, not something that came to him overnight. He is a celebrity without the pretense and I hope he stays that way.

I cannot imagine the time and effort it took to bring him to this point but it must be years of practice and the pain that involves. The flawless performances you posted speak to his commitment. I do believe he will have a succesful career in whatever field he chooses. Bravo.

Re: Acrobatic gymnastics  [message #65406 is a reply to message #65405] Sun, 06 March 2011 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

He's aiming for Cirque di Soleil.

He;s been doing gymnastics since he was about 5 years old. Twitter feed shows that he trains petty much every day as well as holding down a job.

Re: Acrobatic gymnastics  [message #65407 is a reply to message #65406] Sun, 06 March 2011 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benji is currently offline  Benji

Likes it here

I was a gymnast for five years, long time ago, but I pale at what I just saw!! Thanks Timmy for the vid!
Re: Acrobatic gymnastics  [message #65408 is a reply to message #65400] Sun, 06 March 2011 17:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
attatood.too is currently offline  attatood.too

Likes it here

Unbelievable! I can only imagine the strength required to balance ones self on one hand, and on top of someone else's one hand (or head)is just ,mind-blowing. Underneath his clothing must lie a rippling, well toned and muscled body. Wow. There would be uncountable hours of training invested here. Thanks for this one Timmy!

I prefer guys that don't come in a box.
Re: Acrobatic gymnastics  [message #65409 is a reply to message #65408] Sun, 06 March 2011 18:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

The body is very well defined, without a spare gram of fat. The key thing is not the musculature but the suppleness and flexibility while being extremely well muscled.

http://www.edwardupcott.com/ will show you

All the exercises are power exercises. Tempering those to allow suppleness must be extremely hard.

Comparison of skills  [message #65410 is a reply to message #65400] Sun, 06 March 2011 20:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Every so often teenypop pushes a new alleged phenomenon. Juxtaposing a rather plain twelve / thirteen year old who can sing in tune and in time with an amazing 19 year old who is a world champion is interesting.

Teenypop will make more money than Edward will. Each is well able to be a pinup and a fantasy boy for young girls. Each is decent looking, though each is imperfect. One has schooled himself in his craft, the other started out on youtube like a few other mini sensations and has been groomed to hell and back.

Re: Acrobatic gymnastics  [message #65411 is a reply to message #65409] Sun, 06 March 2011 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

Awesome! The dedication to this must take almost every spare moment of his time, allowing for little else I would imagine.

Re: Acrobatic gymnastics  [message #65412 is a reply to message #65411] Sun, 06 March 2011 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

And I am afraid to say that this is Little Else. She's posing in red shoes and believes she's attractive. I suspect we'd need the cave rescue team to extract Edward!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gilly_n/3735191983/

You may need a sick bag. This is not a family friendly picture. Oddly it is of a gentleman.

[Updated on: Sun, 06 March 2011 22:37]

Re: Acrobatic gymnastics  [message #65413 is a reply to message #65412] Sun, 06 March 2011 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

Ummmm... you are right, I may lose a few pounds today as I am not quite sure my appetite will return before the end of the day. Ewww... nasty, despite what the comments say. However, you lost me. This is related to Edward, how?

Little Else  [message #65414 is a reply to message #65413] Sun, 06 March 2011 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

You mentioned "Little Else", so I searched for her.

[Updated on: Sun, 06 March 2011 22:56]

Re: Acrobatic gymnastics  [message #65415 is a reply to message #65411] Sun, 06 March 2011 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kiwi is currently offline  kiwi

Likes it here

Spellbound! (Thought i recognised him from somewhere). Britain certainly has got talent - but let's not talk about Little Else. That was just nasty!

cheers

Commas matter - 'Party on Dudes' is not the same as 'Party on, Dudes'
Re: Little Else  [message #65416 is a reply to message #65414] Sun, 06 March 2011 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

HAHAHAHA! You're too funny... thanks for that. You are correct about the cave rescue team though. Once he was extracted, his head would probably need to be examined as I would then assume his brain hadn't developed as much as his body has.

Re: Comparison of skills  [message #65422 is a reply to message #65410] Wed, 09 March 2011 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ray2x is currently offline  ray2x

Really getting into it

...now I'm trying to get little else back into faded memory.

Raymundo
Re: Acrobatic gymnastics  [message #65423 is a reply to message #65400] Wed, 09 March 2011 12:39 Go to previous message
DesDownunder is currently offline  DesDownunder

Likes it here

Nasty old anti-sports bitch that I am, it all appears to me like sport trying to be ballet without meaning.

DesDownunder

Call me naive if you want, but life without trust in the goodness of others would be intolerable.

Religious indoctrination: It gets better, without it.
Previous Topic: Fun stuff, an excellent source of history
Next Topic: More acrobatics
Goto Forum: