A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Hey, Kiwi…
Hey, Kiwi…  [message #65475] Fri, 18 March 2011 08:28 Go to next message
Nigel is currently offline  Nigel

On fire!

… the equinox is coming up. On Sunday, 20 March, at 23.21 hrs GMT/UTC the sun will appear to cross the equator on its journey north. It will happen in the mid Pacific Ocean not near to anywhere notable.

Hugs
Nigel

I dream of boys with big bulges in their trousers,
Never of girls with big bulges in their blouses.

…and look forward to meeting you in Cóito.
icon6.gif Re: Hey, Kiwi…  [message #65476 is a reply to message #65475] Fri, 18 March 2011 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Cheat!

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Hey, Kiwi…  [message #65477 is a reply to message #65475] Sat, 19 March 2011 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
attatood.too is currently offline  attatood.too

Likes it here

Mmmmm... I can feel it's warming rays returning home already Razz

I prefer guys that don't come in a box.
Re: Hey, Kiwi…  [message #65478 is a reply to message #65477] Sat, 19 March 2011 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kiwi is currently offline  kiwi

Likes it here

Sheesh! Will ya look at that - i go away for one night, come home and find that Nigel has had a premature exclamation!! Grrr.

We've been having a glorious 'Indian Summer' here, but now the autumn leaves are starting to appear - gorgeous colours, but not a good sign. Dammit.

Look after our Summer & send it back soon!

cheers

[Updated on: Sat, 19 March 2011 05:45]

Commas matter - 'Party on Dudes' is not the same as 'Party on, Dudes'
Re: Hey, Kiwi…  [message #65483 is a reply to message #65478] Sat, 19 March 2011 22:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

You'll get it back when we're good and done with it... and with the brutal winter we've had, I'd say that may be around Christmas. Come on sunshine!!!

Not funny......  [message #65495 is a reply to message #65475] Mon, 21 March 2011 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scott is currently offline  Scott

Likes it here

Hey Kiwi (and I include Nigel as an accessory to the indignities),

I woke up to a phone call cancelling school today. No thanks to you, our first full day of spring gave us 5" (13cm) of sloppy, wet snow that would make a Slurpee proud. (Yes, it is a correct description. Check it out on wikipedia.) I'm not sure I want the sun to return northward if this is how we will be treated. (Only kidding, but I did LMAO about the premature exclamation!)

Cycling is the one sport where a guy can shave his legs, wear spandex and bright colors, and be accepted.
Re: Not funny......  [message #65496 is a reply to message #65495] Tue, 22 March 2011 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kiwi is currently offline  kiwi

Likes it here

I'd totally blame Nigel - he started it!

You got a day off school - that's good, isn't it?

cheers

Commas matter - 'Party on Dudes' is not the same as 'Party on, Dudes'
Re: Not funny......  [message #65497 is a reply to message #65496] Tue, 22 March 2011 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nigel is currently offline  Nigel

On fire!

I always get the blame. I can take it.

And Scott, tell your meteorologists to read this site before organising the weather. Remember they read it here first.

Hugs
N

[Updated on: Tue, 22 March 2011 23:33]

I dream of boys with big bulges in their trousers,
Never of girls with big bulges in their blouses.

…and look forward to meeting you in Cóito.
Re: Not funny......  [message #65498 is a reply to message #65497] Tue, 22 March 2011 21:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scott is currently offline  Scott

Likes it here

Dear Nigel and Kiwi,
I'm not sure what I've done to piss off the forecasters, but we have 10" (25cm) of snow forecast for tomorrow. Some spring in the northeastern corner of the USA would certainly be welcome. Can we have a re-do of the solstice thing to send us the appropriate weather? Both the bicycle and snowboard are in my dining room. It's all very confusing.

Scott

Cycling is the one sport where a guy can shave his legs, wear spandex and bright colors, and be accepted.
Re: Not funny......  [message #65499 is a reply to message #65497] Wed, 23 March 2011 03:51 Go to previous message

Likes it here

Meteorologist: The only job on the planet where you can be wrong 100% of the time and still not get fired. We just got dumped on in Alberta, Canada too... grrrrr!

Previous Topic: Here's A Definite Shocker.... But Pleasant:
Next Topic: That Gay Liberation Front Manifesto
Goto Forum: