A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Whispers From the Past
Whispers From the Past  [message #66349] Sun, 27 November 2011 11:04 Go to next message
alenilic is currently offline  alenilic

Getting started

Hi guys,
great story that I have enjoyed very much.It has been a long time since I have been a kid but I could relate since I am looking to make some major changes in my life. It also gave me hope for my plans to move to California and start anew so thank you so much Grasshopper!!!!Hoping for San Diego but will go where I find a job I guess so wish me luck ::-)

Alen
Re: Whispers From the Past  [message #66350 is a reply to message #66349] Sun, 27 November 2011 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Starting anew sounds good, and, somehow, drastic. What are you moving form and what do you intend to make your new life when you move?

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Whispers From the Past  [message #66351 is a reply to message #66350] Sun, 27 November 2011 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alenilic is currently offline  alenilic

Getting started

Hi Timmy, thanks for the post. Yeah it might seem drastic but I found myself doing the same thing over and over again expecting different result (definition of insanity)so breaking the circle, and excepting new realities of my life is something I am looking forward to. To explain, in short, I had a major health scare and even though I got trough it I still let it keep me from living my life and that is about to change. I think new environment might be good for me and force me out of complacency. Will see what happens Cool

Alen
Re: Whispers From the Past  [message #66352 is a reply to message #66351] Sun, 27 November 2011 16:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Whatever catalyst we need is the one we must use Smile You have me re-reading the story. http://iomfats.org/storyshelf/hosted/grasshopper/shorts/whispers.html

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Whispers From the Past  [message #66353 is a reply to message #66352] Mon, 28 November 2011 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benji is currently offline  Benji

Likes it here

Thanks so very much!!! And here I thought I had read all of Grasshopper's stories, any news on him?
Re: Whispers From the Past  [message #66354 is a reply to message #66353] Mon, 28 November 2011 23:56 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

I used to chat with him daily. Now I maybe see him every six weeks or so. Real life has taken over, no bad thing, that, and in a good way though he has not been specific about the exact way. I know answering emails is so rare as to be not a thing to hope for. SO we must just trust that he is safe, well and at least content.

Previous Topic: Sad...this is just sad.
Next Topic: Don't Say Gay Public Service Announcement
Goto Forum: