A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > An English murder mystery...
An English murder mystery...  [message #66419] Wed, 04 January 2012 14:21
chrisjames147 is currently offline  chrisjames147

Really getting into it

...imagine that. Agatha Christie would be shocked, as I am sure many of the English are today. Not by the recently discovered murder, a dispicable act in itself, but by the reports covering the incident.

Sandringham, as I understand it, is Queen Elizabeth's country estate and covers about 30 square miles. That's enough territory to encompass a city like New York since Manhatten Island is slightly smaller. But you would think by the reports that the body was found in the Queen's parlor.

A reporter on CNN said that the royal family vacationed there over the holidays without realizing they had a murder victim in their midst. Midst?

You know if any of us said something like that in a story posted to this site we would hear the laughter for weeks. Midst indeed. I wonder why the talking heads on the news are not held to the same standard as those who work in print. Is it that television is such a vapid and insidious waste of time?

That get's my vote. >Sad

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
Previous Topic: Ho, Ho, Ho ...
Next Topic: Happy Christmas
Goto Forum: