A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Zach Wahls Presents at the GLAAD Media Awards
Zach Wahls Presents at the GLAAD Media Awards  [message #66650] Mon, 26 March 2012 15:10
Brody Levesque is currently offline  Brody Levesque

Really getting into it

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-YIpAFOZ4t6Q/T3CEWsHWbOI/AAAAAAAAFjU/dRLBHaGtvcg/s320/LGBT+advocate+Zach+Wahls+(screen+capture).PNGLGBT advocate Zach Wahls<div style="text-align: justify;">NEW YORK, NEW YORK -- Saturday night writer and LGBT advocate Zach Wahls took the stage at the GLAAD Media Awards in New York to share his personal story following his speech in front of the Iowa House of Representatives which was the most-watched political clip of 2011 according to Youtube. While on stage, Zach spoke about the power of media in spreading his message. He talked about the impact of his video, including changing the mind of a soldier on marriage equality and building confidence in a lesbian woman to become a mother.
"Quote:"
"Since that speech went viral back in February of 2011, I've been all over the country, from California to New York, down to Florida, continuing to share my story and have this conversation about gay marriage or as I like to call it, marriage," said Wahls.[/font-family]

Wahls joined hosts Cory Monteith and Naya Rivera along with Ted Allen, Laverne Cox, Dakota Fanning, Tracey Gold, Vinny Guadagnino, Megan Hilty, Cheyenne Jackson, Isis King, Carson Kressley, Padma Lakshmi, Jay Manuel, Bernadette Peters, Thomas Roberts, Kim Wayans, and others at the GLAAD Media Awards in New York, which helps fund GLAAD's work to share culture-changing stories that build support for equality.

WATCH:

[Updated on: Mon, 26 March 2012 15:11]

Previous Topic: "pussyboicumdump" - why does this seem to nasty and so typical?
Next Topic: Ingrained prejudice
Goto Forum: