A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > Do we post stories at the correct rate?
Do we post stories at the correct rate?  [message #67572] Wed, 20 March 2013 09:46 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

This poll is really for readers, and we'd appreciate it if authors do not answer. This is their market, and skewing the poll by answering it is silly Smile

The rate we post stories

Historically this site has posted 15 story items a week, come rain or shine. We are now asking you, our readers, if this rate is the right rate

I like 15 items a week
I would like more than 15 items a week
I would like fewer than 15 items a week
I am happy with whatever you do
I like answering polls but have no opinion to offer at all

Current Results

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Story publishing rates  [message #67573 is a reply to message #67572] Wed, 20 March 2013 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nigel is currently offline  Nigel

On fire!

I cannot answer the poll on story publishing rates because there is nothing that pushes my button.

There is a vast difference between publishing 15 chapters a week and 15 stories a week. 15 items/week can come anywhere within that spectrum.

Although not entirely true I avoid serials, but if they are recommended, I read them when the stories are complete.

If the authors wish to serialise their stories, I would suggest that an item consists of 3 chapters. I know from experience that there is a queue of about 7 weeks between submission and posting which shows that there is a surfeit of material. If it looks as if the queue of material is likely to run out, then the chapters can be rationed.

To sum up, I am content with 15 items a week, but not with 15 chapters a week. Also I would like to see more (complete) short stories.

Hugs
Nigel

I dream of boys with big bulges in their trousers,
Never of girls with big bulges in their blouses.

…and look forward to meeting you in Cóito.
Re: Story publishing rates  [message #67581 is a reply to message #67573] Wed, 20 March 2013 14:59 Go to previous message
Smokr is currently offline  Smokr

Likes it here

I answered as a reader. You publish as you see fit. I don't understand a set 15 items a week, as backlog and deficits should be considered, as well as short, serial, or multi-chaptered stories should all be done in different ways, ideally. One week ten, next 17, next 12, so on, depending on what is being published. A huge short published as a single post should count as more than a single item? While a short-short two-part might be considered a single item?
Just do what you guys want to do.
It works.

raysstories.com
Previous Topic: I'm enjoying London Lampy's work
Next Topic: Ruwen Rouhs
Goto Forum: