A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > 5 26-11
5 26-11  [message #68259] Tue, 14 January 2014 09:34 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

We have just posted 5 26-11 and I love it. JJJ at his best. But what is the title about?

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: 5 26-11  [message #68262 is a reply to message #68259] Tue, 14 January 2014 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kitzyma is currently offline  Kitzyma

Likes it here

Aawwww!
What a sweet story!
Smile
Re: 5 26-11  [message #68264 is a reply to message #68262] Tue, 14 January 2014 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
solsticeman is currently offline  solsticeman

Likes it here

My guess, and it's only a guess because this is J.J. Janicki is... May 26 2011 the date of the biggee (well it will be one day, now its a smallee but it's getting there).

Sorry, my pastiche of JJ in full flow. I just love his breathless-teen style.

So if you want half an hour of pure joy, go read.
Re: 5 26-11  [message #68268 is a reply to message #68259] Wed, 15 January 2014 14:10 Go to previous message
j.j. is currently offline  j.j.

Getting started

When I started the story, the title was "8-6-11", which corresponds with this very worrisome event: http://blog.chron.com/believeitornot/2011/06/rick-perry-to-h old-prayer-rally-at-reliant/

Of course in the end Rick Perry shot himself in the foot several times simply by opening his mouth in some candidate debates.... and "Niggerhead Rock" came to light, but even so, it should go almost without saying that Theo and those who were close to him would have been apprehensive, because the Tea Party and the Religious Right HAVE pretty much taken over Texas, which is where they live, after all. But anyway...

My ORIGINAL idea was to have Joshua and Theo commemorating 8-6-11 by engaging in some activities that the Religious Right would think were highly immoral. Just because. And of course in doing so, Theo's happily-ever-after would have been reached. BUT...

The story sort of evolved on me, and all at once, having happily-ever-after just before the start of the summer seemed like a better idea.

And besides, ORIGINALLY I was toying with the idea of having Theo and Joshua at least thinking about doing something in front of Reliant Stadium. On the day of the Prayer Rally. Eventually one or both would have chickened out on the idea, simply because going through with it would have almost certainly resulted in them being placed in Juvenile Detention or worse, but anyway, that's how my title ended up being 5-26-11 instead of 8-6-11.

J.J.  
Previous Topic: A Little Diddy about Jack and Duran
Next Topic: Stick and Stoney
Goto Forum: