A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > Contact email for "Josh"
Contact email for "Josh"  [message #68434] Thu, 27 March 2014 15:58 Go to next message
Banister is currently offline  Banister

Getting started

I have been trying to contact the author "Josh." I wanted to ask him a few questions about "Sealing Our Fate" and other stories. All of the email addresses shown in any site hosting his work all bounce back as being undeliverable. Is he still writing? Hope nothing tragic happened to him. Does anyone know if there was a sequel to "Sealing Our Fate?" How long before a story/plot line is considered abandoned? Could another author pick up an abandoned story line and continue it?
Re: Contact email for "Josh"  [message #68435 is a reply to message #68434] Thu, 27 March 2014 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I have not been able to reach him for some time, I am afraid.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Contact email for "Josh"  [message #68817 is a reply to message #68435] Wed, 31 December 2014 03:26 Go to previous message
Ricky is currently offline  Ricky

Toe is in the water

Here is what he said:
On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 7:34 AM, R.J. Josh Maxwell <btomandback@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi Ricky,

I'm blown away! Thank you!

I appreciate what you've done and am really grateful to have such an enduring fan. I have to tell you thought that I'm about to give up this email address. One of my fan's email accounts we evidently hijacked and I'm getting spammed pretty bad on this account. Since I haven't written anything in months now, and don't know when I'll ever get the time again, I'm not sure that I'll try to set up a new account any time soon. Know that I am grateful,though. Thanks!

And Again in a second email the same day:
I'm sure I'll get a new email account if I start writing again, but I'm not sure when that would be, and without a way to refer previous readers to the new site without trying to email them all, I'm not to anxious to make arrangements yet. This old account, though, has really become  a mess. And right now, I'm up to my  eyebrows in other work right now. I've got to catch up first.

Sigh. I do know that he told me once he has authored under many names. SO you might google it and see if it's tied to any other names and perhaps you will find more. But as it stands right now it looks like he's stepped away from it and it's truly a loss. He's good.
Previous Topic: Those Christmas Tales
Next Topic: David Clarke - Anyone have any news of him?
Goto Forum: