A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > Help, I've lost a story!
Help, I've lost a story!  [message #68478] Wed, 30 April 2014 12:38 Go to next message
malaka is currently offline  malaka

Getting started

I think I'm going crackers!

Sometime ago I found, read and enjoyed a story, either here or at AwesomeDude, called The Book about a guy living near Seven Dials in London  -  it is a sort of ghost story.  I have read it again since and enjoyed it again and quite fancy reading it a third time

Now I can't find it anywhere and I have looked everywhere I can think of  -  as usual it is probably right under my nose and I shall be highly embarrassed when it's location is pointed out.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks  -  Mal
Re: Help, I've lost a story!  [message #68479 is a reply to message #68478] Wed, 30 April 2014 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I know the story well, and it was here, perhaps elsewhere. There is bad news. The author hit a challenging part of his private life and asked for all traces of his online life to be removed, lest his writings outed him. I'm afraid it and all his other things have gone.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Help, I've lost a story!  [message #68480 is a reply to message #68479] Wed, 30 April 2014 18:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Getting started

Okay, thanks for that, all is now clear.  I hope he sails through his troubles into calm waters.
Re: Help, I've lost a story!  [message #68481 is a reply to message #68480] Wed, 30 April 2014 20:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

One day he will, I hope, get back in touch with me. I could find him by his real life persona, but that would be an intrusion.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Help, I've lost a story!  [message #68483 is a reply to message #68481] Thu, 01 May 2014 15:12 Go to previous message

Getting started

Yes, I agree, it has to be up to him  -  it is all my own fault for not saving the story when I had the chance.

Thanks for your help.
Previous Topic: Richard by Jolyon
Next Topic: Story Recommendations
Goto Forum: