A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > An Apprentice's Adventures
An Apprentice's Adventures  [message #69240] Mon, 09 March 2015 08:27 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

An Apprentice's Adventures - late, but worth the wait. I am a fan of fantasy worlds, well drawn. Indeed, all stories are fantasy worlds. 

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: An Apprentice's Adventures  [message #77418 is a reply to message #69240] Tue, 20 October 2020 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bisexual_Guy is currently offline  Bisexual_Guy

Likes it here

I just discovered this story about 3 weeks ago on Nifty by accident.  I was thrilled to find it here, in a much easier-to-read format.  I have re-read it a couple of time now on this site, and also some some additional stories by that author.  

The chapters are not long.  I can recommend it as a good story -- and the author also used humor well at times in the story.  Have fun reading it, especially chapters 4, 6, 7, 8, and 9.

[Updated on: Tue, 20 October 2020 08:15]

Re: An Apprentice's Adventures  [message #77419 is a reply to message #69240] Tue, 20 October 2020 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ivor slipper is currently offline  ivor slipper

Likes it here

The link in Timmy's post doesn't work, so could you give the author's name as I don't think there is a way of finding a story here just by title.
Re: An Apprentice's Adventures  [message #77421 is a reply to message #77419] Tue, 20 October 2020 18:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

Mark Friedman's stories on IOMfAtS may be found at:

http://iomfats.org/storyshelf/hosted/mark-friedman/

He is at least two other web sites.  One of those says "Mark Friedman" is a pseudonym.

Re: An Apprentice's Adventures  [message #77427 is a reply to message #77421] Thu, 22 October 2020 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mark

Likes it here

I'm certainly grateful to all those who have liked "An Apprentice's Adventure" (and of course, I suppose that I should get a shout out to Bisexual_Guy for bringing it up for those who might have missed its original release here for some reason or another and who might be interested in reading it Wink).

Bisexual_Guy, I'm curious as to which site has my name listed as a pseudonym, though.  Yes, I do publish to varying degrees on several sites, but I confess that I don't ever remember having directly said that "Mark Friedman" is a pseudonym (though at my age, I'm one of those people who'd probably forget my own head half the time if it wasn't attached to my neck, so perhaps everyone should take that comment with a grain of salt).  Now, I will say that I do tend to be private with a lot of specific personal information (as those who have ever really paid attention to a lot of what I've posted might have noticed) for safety reasons (as one never knows who might be reading public forums such as this), and to an extent I suppose that includes my name in many ways (as I will say that I will neither confirm nor deny if "Mark Friedman" is my actual name or is something that is a pen name as part of said personal protection, which is why I guess that I'm a bit confused).
Re: An Apprentice's Adventures  [message #77428 is a reply to message #77427] Thu, 22 October 2020 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

I just rechecked on the site where I saw it, which has "Archive" in the title of the site, but does NOT have Nifty in it.  that site also had the word "Beta" after the title of the site..

When I looked it up just now, it was no longer saying you were a pseudonym.  However, I am guessing you are, since the same name is attached to at least three public figures, and some semi-public ones as well.

Your other stories on IOMfAtS are also well worth reading.
Re: An Apprentice's Adventures  [message #77432 is a reply to message #77428] Fri, 23 October 2020 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mark

Likes it here

Yeah, checking on the Profile page there it has "My psueds:" and then my username.  Don't know why it does that, but it looks like the site does that for everybody, not just me.

Of course, I still do not comment on whether or not "Mark Friedman" is my actual name, although I do acknowledge that I am certainly not someone who could in any way, shape, or form, be considered a "public figure" (or even a semi-public one) by any means.
Re: An Apprentice's Adventures  [message #77437 is a reply to message #69240] Sat, 24 October 2020 22:15 Go to previous message
luvtwinks is currently offline  luvtwinks

Likes it here

http://forum.iomfats.org/t/8614/images/rank-icons/3-star.pngLikes it hereLocation: Earth 

Quote:
I'm certainly grateful to all those who have liked "An Apprentice's Adventure"

A fun tale indeed, with a surprise ending! 
Previous Topic: Jonathan: Boy Seaman - Paul James Lewis
Next Topic: Is it Okay to use OK?
Goto Forum: