A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > The Courage Games
The Courage Games  [message #70272] Mon, 05 October 2015 02:34 Go to next message
ChrisR is currently offline  ChrisR

Likes it here

An incredible story about a 12-year-old boy who comes out, a 32-year-old doctor who came out 10 years earlier, and the game of lacrosse they share that opens a new world.

Oh yeah - it's not just a story. IT'S TRUE! (Check it out!)

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=13536127

ChrisR

[Updated on: Mon, 05 October 2015 02:43]

Re: The Courage Games  [message #70273 is a reply to message #70272] Mon, 05 October 2015 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

That was so good to see. Watched it to the end.

The thing to do is to get it out into the heterosexual community. Some of that community is homosexual and in the closet.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: The Courage Games  [message #70274 is a reply to message #70273] Mon, 05 October 2015 08:49 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

Quote:
timmy wrote on Mon, 05 October 2015 09:32That was so good to see. Watched it to the end.

The thing to do is to get it out into the heterosexual community. Some of that community is homosexual and in the closet.

--
I have just sent it to a pair of grandparents who have two young grandsons. I know they will find it thought provoking. They approached me and said my It Gets Better video had made them see homosexuality in a new way about a year ago

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: On my travels, I found this
Next Topic: War Crimes?
Goto Forum: