A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > 22 and tortured for being gay
22 and tortured for being gay  [message #70287] Thu, 08 October 2015 16:20 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Tortured for being gay. That’'s what happened to Marwan, a 22-year-old student in Tunisia. When police found text messages to other men on his phone, they arrested him. They performed a horrific medical exam to ‘prove’ that he was gay. You don'’t even want to know what they did.

If we don’'t speak up now, Marwan could spend the next year of his life in jail. But his conviction caused a public outcry in Tunisia. Politicians are feeling the heat, and several have spoken out against the ruling.

The government wants the world to think Tunisia is making progress on human rights after the Arab Spring. So they will pay attention if thousands of us stand up for Marwan – they don't want their image to be tarnished. We'’ll join a massive movement on the ground, and the pressure could be enough to release him.

Marwan’'s appeal is coming up and the authorities could decide at any moment whether to free him. Our partners in Tunisia have asked us to build a giant global petition that they will deliver to the authorities in just one week. Call for Marwan to be freed:

https://go.allout.org/en/a/free-marwan/

This is a campaign of the All Out Action Fund, a 501(c)(4) nonprofit organization.

[Updated on: Thu, 08 October 2015 16:22]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: 22 and tortured for being gay  [message #70288 is a reply to message #70287] Thu, 08 October 2015 19:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

Done.

I've made comment, and provided a link to your thread on my Facebook account.

Perhaps Brody, Desmond and Bart will make note of it and through their respective Forums ask others to sign too.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

"... comme recherché qu'un délice callipygian"
Re: 22 and tortured for being gay  [message #70289 is a reply to message #70288] Thu, 08 October 2015 20:24 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

We can only do what we can do. I hope we can do this small thing for this young gentleman. At least he is not a victim of ISIS and has not been thrown from a high building.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: War Crimes?
Next Topic: Unhappy Hollywood news.
Goto Forum: