A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Being gay
Being gay  [message #71172] Tue, 01 March 2016 23:08 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I found this:

http://36.media.tumblr.com/52a6fd8ac34df255372156e0a51c6df0/tumblr_o2hgcmMZkp1v4nxkuo1_1280.png

I was browsing various tumblrs and so many are cock shots, cum shots arsehole shots, cock in arse shots, cock in mouth shots. And none of this is, to me, about being gay.

Any fool can get an erection (well, unless they can't obviously), and that fool can stick it in random orifices, male and female, and copulate. But that is not being a gay male.

But this sums it up, certainly for me:

http://36.media.tumblr.com/52a6fd8ac34df255372156e0a51c6df0/tumblr_o2hgcmMZkp1v4nxkuo1_1280.png

Or it will until that tumblr is deleted. So I have better save it

What is being a gay male all about for you, please?

[Updated on: Tue, 01 March 2016 23:09]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Being gay  [message #71174 is a reply to message #71172] Wed, 02 March 2016 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James Matthews is currently offline  James Matthews

Toe is in the water

Haha, Hmm, erm, uh, hmmm, erm, huh?

Ok so this is a hard one for me. It's like asking what is the meaning of life. 

Apart from being gay I sort of followed the standard "Straight" way in life. I got educated, got a job, found a partner, purchased a house, got some cats and now do what probably alot of straight married couples in their early 30's do. I come home, we cook dinner, we talk, watch TV (or I write) and then we go to bed.

Of course if I was a stereotypical gay male I would probably be a Cabin manager for an airline, spend half my salary on skin products, spend more time in clubs than at home, buy expensive clothes that are 2 sizes to small, spend time at a seedy gyms hooking up with various Muscle Mary's, think the world hates me, go on pointless marches to rub it in people faces I'm different from them, collect a load of pretty female friends, purchase a cocaine addiction, wear an AIDS ribbon all through the year, buy all Madonna's albums, teach myself to act camp and talk effeminate, try and have sex with people half my age thinking I've still got it, take an unhealthy interest in soft furnishings, buy all the Glee DVD's, visit a GUM clinic more times than the average straight person, vote Labour, get depressed, go on a forum to tell people I'm depressed, do a Youtube video to tell people I'm depressed, go on Facebook and tell all my friends I'm depressed, delete all my friends because they don't care and then the following week do the same.

Sorry was that shallow or did I have that about right?

LOL    
Re: Being gay  [message #71176 is a reply to message #71172] Wed, 02 March 2016 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NW is currently offline  NW

On fire!

I don't really think that "being a gay male" means anything much to me any longer. It is, quite rightly, just unremarkable.

Thirty five years ago, when I was fairly newly out, it was all different: for me, being an out gay man had all sorts of implications about owing a debt to those who had fought to have gay sex decriminalised, and feeling a need to continue the work towards equality. With the exception of pension provision, we're pretty much there now in the UK, and the political fire has left me. I do realise that many parts of the world still have horrendous repression, and I wish that I could work up more of a sense of engagement with this, but perhaps such battles will always be fought mainly by the young.

In my better moments, I like to think that it might be because gay-related issues are no longer the most pressing ones I encounter in everyday life. Things like reliance on poverty, inadequate healthcare, disability discrimination, and the systematic dismemberment of the system we used to have to support the most disadvantaged members of our communities are all things I run into far more frequently: sexual orientation is not a significant factor in any of them.

"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. ... Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night devoid of stars." Martin Luther King
Re: Being gay  [message #71179 is a reply to message #71172] Thu, 03 March 2016 04:01 Go to previous message
Smokr is currently offline  Smokr

Likes it here

Quote:
timmy wrote on Tue, 01 March 2016 18:08
What is being a gay male all about for you, please?

--
Very little positive, and a lot of troubles.

raysstories.com
Previous Topic: Australian Safe Schools under threat
Next Topic: Of Yaoi
Goto Forum: