A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > Yuu and Natsuki
Yuu and Natsuki  [message #71589] Fri, 20 May 2016 08:05 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I was challenged by Geron Kees to write a story that wasn't British Public School. I did point him to my back catalogue, but I took up the challenge in Yuu and Natsuki.

Because he challenged me I let him beta read it. He says it's good enough to be posted.

Apart from the British English spelling, and the very Modern-England names of the girls, and one or two lines about where Jer lives, this could be anywhere in the world, even the harsh world of the US High School. So I hope I've risen to Geron's challenge to write a universal story.

[Updated on: Fri, 20 May 2016 17:10]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
One interesting achievement  [message #71607 is a reply to message #71589] Sun, 22 May 2016 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

The story is on Nifty. It arrived there late on Friday, US time, and, judging by the graph below, it has not only been read, but been useful:

http://forum.iomfats.org/?t=getfile&id=2781&private=0

You can see the spike in checking that page out. With luck there are now some gay folk who understand arses a bit better, not just Jer and Ben. Almost caertainly this is the Nifty audience, not the iomfats.org audience.

The spike hasn't carried forward to the other pages in the series. Maybe they'll pop back after they've had a firkle about in there!

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Yuu and Natsuki  [message #71608 is a reply to message #71589] Sun, 22 May 2016 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
solsticeman is currently offline  solsticeman

Likes it here

Beautiful, gentle...everything that adolescence should be for a gay boy.

I knew, We all knew Timmy was an author as well as a great webmaster, but in recent years we have seen so little of him.

So, welcome back to your own site Timmy
Re: Yuu and Natsuki  [message #71610 is a reply to message #71608] Sun, 22 May 2016 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Quote:
solsticeman wrote on Sun, 22 May 2016 10:11Beautiful, gentle...everything that adolescence should be for a gay boy.

I knew, We all knew Timmy was an author as well as a great webmaster, but in recent years we have seen so little of him.

So, welcome back to your own site Timmy

--
You're very kind. My muse deserted me after I forced the object of my obsession out of my head. That process caused a lessening of stress. Part of the process of removal was to write the diary of my teenage years as if it were contemporaneous. What I found as I reached the end was that I probably never really liked the boy I was obsessed with.

I have followed his career in latter years (Seriously, not obsessed much!) and watched him move from a public service position to redundancy. Today he is the trustee of two worthy charities, but in his old field. He seems to be a one trick pony. His twitter feed also shows him to be a naive twat, lacking depth or personality. He has become a grey faced, whey faced embryo old man.

This gave me back the freedom to write. I was, at last, able to write what ought to have been, in You Missed a But, and, having got rid of that, a story for Cold, Wet, and Muddy, yet to be released, followed by Yuu and Natsuki. I the last I'd been trying to write a boy who refused love, who wanted to be a slut and who achieved it. The story turned the tables on me instead.

I hope to write more. I've been asked for part 2 of Y & N, but it would simply be a Chris and Nigel clone with a different cast. I've no idea where the two go at the end of the tale, but that is also real life. I try to write real life.

Re: Yuu and Natsuki  [message #71631 is a reply to message #71610] Sat, 28 May 2016 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bisexualguy is currently offline  bisexualguy

Toe is in the water

Timmy, I ran across the story by accident on Nifty, clicking on the wrong line.  

I'm glad I did.
Re: Yuu and Natsuki  [message #71632 is a reply to message #71631] Sat, 28 May 2016 06:06 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

Quote:
bisexualguy wrote on Sat, 28 May 2016 07:00Timmy, I ran across the story by accident on Nifty, clicking on the wrong line.  

I'm glad I did.

--
Everyone should click on the wrong line! I'm glad you did, too.

There are fewer typos in the one on the site here, though!

Previous Topic: A Matter of Perspective
Next Topic: Not slim, toned and hairless
Goto Forum: