A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > So Cal Summer 69
So Cal Summer 69  [message #74543] Wed, 11 July 2018 18:34 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

We're a goodly way though the tale. It's brought back to me slang I'd forgotten was slang, and some I never knew. How we must have made our parents cringe! What has it done for you, what is it doing for you?

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
icon6.gif Re: So Cal Summer 69  [message #74678 is a reply to message #74543] Sat, 11 August 2018 21:20 Go to previous message
Flip is currently offline  Flip

Getting started

Yes, our slang drove my parents and grandparents crazy. My brother and I made sure to say every slang word we could think of, as much as possible. We even made up some of our own, like 'Shebang'. That one really got my mom going!
If anyone has unusual slang words from 1972 they'd like to share, please let me know. I'm working on the sequel and I'd love to include them.
Previous Topic: Goats and Bugs
Next Topic: what a difference a day makes
Goto Forum: