A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > sports kit through the ages
sports kit through the ages  [message #74743] Fri, 17 August 2018 18:15 Go to next message
Joe4fun is currently offline  Joe4fun

Getting started

Having contributed to a discussion about boys/men wearing skirts,
I realise that tight figure hugging shorts are rarely worn these days,
some may say changing fashion, too revealing or inappropriate,
however, sports kit is dominated by lycra, far more figure hugging?
http://forum.iomfats.org/?t=getfile&id=4684&private=0http://forum.iomfats.org/?t=getfile&id=4683&private=0
Re: sports kit through the ages  [message #74748 is a reply to message #74743] Sat, 18 August 2018 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Getting started

Anyone else want to share favourite sports kit pictures?

[edited. Since all boys have penises and buttocks we do not major on those, especially when they can poke your eye out - webmaster]

[Updated on: Sun, 19 August 2018 08:03] by Moderator

Re: sports kit through the ages  [message #74752 is a reply to message #74748] Sun, 19 August 2018 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Getting started

Thanks for update, can I delete my earlier posts?
Moderator please will you do that for me.
How does one delete user account if necessary?
Re: sports kit through the ages  [message #74753 is a reply to message #74752] Sun, 19 August 2018 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

There is no need to delete either the account or the other pictures. The Netiquette post at the head of the forum will guide you better. There were only two or three that were across the line.

[Updated on: Sun, 19 August 2018 11:36]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: sports kit through the ages  [message #74755 is a reply to message #74743] Sun, 19 August 2018 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pedro

Toe is in the water

http://forum.iomfats.org/?t=getfile&id=4696&private=0
It maybe just me but I find lycra surprisingly unsexy. Is it the figure hugging and stretch qualities flattening out the bumps? (The poor lad in the top pic is almost as emasculated as a tailor's dummy. ) Or is it that the contours appear to be that of a naked body, but the surface texture and colour are not, presenting a disconnect in the mind's eye?

At least some sports still wear proper shorts, some teams even seem to have them tailored to accentuate the curves of the wearer. This is Aussie Rules Footy. Even the umpires grey shorts are suitably short. (Pic is not public domain but is licenced under Creative Commons Attribution-share alike 4.0, author: Flickerd)

[Updated on: Sun, 19 August 2018 13:46]

Pedro
Re: sports kit through the ages  [message #74756 is a reply to message #74752] Sun, 19 August 2018 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pedro

Toe is in the water

Joe,
Please don't take the hump, as we say this side of the pond.
It never crossed my mind that the webmaster's comment was in any way aimed at you. I considered it as a gentle reminder to those who would want to post in reply to your request for sports pics not to push the boundaries as some have been wont to do in the past.

Cheers

Pedro

Pedro
Re: sports kit through the ages  [message #74758 is a reply to message #74756] Sun, 19 August 2018 19:29 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

"Pedro wrote on Sun, 19 August 2018 14:56"
Joe,
Please don't take the hump, as we say this side of the pond.
It never crossed my mind that the webmaster's comment was in any way aimed at you. I considered it as a gentle reminder to those who would want to post in reply to your request for sports pics not to push the boundaries as some have been wont to do in the past.

Cheers

Pedro

--
Indeed not personal at all. They were a reminder to all about what is posted in the Netiquette post at the top of the list of threads. I simply had to delete a couple of pics that were just the wrong side of the line.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: SSL and knee jerk reactions
Next Topic: Reform of Gender Recognition Act - UK Government consultation.
Goto Forum: