A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Happy Christmas and thank you
 () 1 Vote
Happy Christmas and thank you  [message #76442] Mon, 23 December 2019 22:32 Go to next message
cm is currently offline  cm

Toe is in the water

I'd like to take the opportunity to publicly thank Timmy for all the work he does to make this site the wonderful, rich and diverse place that it is, and to wish all my fellow authors and all.our readers a happy and peaceful Christmas.
Re: Happy Christmas and thank you  [message #76443 is a reply to message #76442] Mon, 23 December 2019 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

The site doesn't work without the people Smile

Happy Christmas

[Updated on: Mon, 23 December 2019 22:36]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Happy Christmas and thank you  [message #76447 is a reply to message #76443] Tue, 24 December 2019 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pandareader is currently offline  pandareader

Toe is in the water

This past year was a bit difficult for me and the stories here were a good source of escapism and a bit of solace. Most important to me, though, the people in this place gave me a shoulder to cry on and advice and empathy when I needed. 

So a happy Christmas to everyone (and if you don't celebrate Christmas just accept my good thoughts and best wishes) and thank you, especially to Timmy, for maintaining this site for all these years! And here's to many more to come!
Re: Happy Christmas and thank you  [message #76448 is a reply to message #76447] Tue, 24 December 2019 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Composer is currently offline  The Composer

Toe is in the water

'I'd like to take the opportunity to publicly thank Timmy for all the work he does to make this site the wonderful, rich and diverse place that it is'

Hear hear.
Re: Happy Christmas and thank you  [message #76449 is a reply to message #76448] Wed, 25 December 2019 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bensiamin is currently offline  Bensiamin

Likes it here

Let me second that motion, and also observed that it's true that "it doesn't work without the people," however, someone has to lead the band, have the vision, and set the pace.

Hoping everyone is having a happy festal period!

Bensiamin
Re: Happy Christmas and thank you  [message #76450 is a reply to message #76449] Thu, 26 December 2019 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camy is currently offline  Camy

Likes it here

Cheers Tim, and Happy holidays to all! Smile

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats." - Albert Schweitzer

It's like Mad Max out here: guys doing guys, girls doing girls, girls turning into guys and doing girls that used to do girls and guys!
- from Alex Truelove
Re: Happy Christmas and thank you  [message #76451 is a reply to message #76450] Thu, 26 December 2019 20:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I accept thanks but only as the figurehead

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Happy Christmas and thank you  [message #76458 is a reply to message #76451] Sun, 29 December 2019 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Teddy is currently offline  Teddy

Really getting into it

I'm a bit late to this party but echo the sentiments expressed. Thanks to everyone for their contributions, even if the contribution is limited to reading the stories, but especially to Timmy for providing the vehicle by which the contributions are made. 

“There's no grays, only white that's got grubby. I'm surprised you don't know that. And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including yourself. That's what sin is.” - Terry Pratchett
Re: Happy Christmas and thank you  [message #76462 is a reply to message #76458] Tue, 31 December 2019 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merkin is currently offline  Merkin

Getting started

Spent a little while going over Timmy's change log ("What's New, What's Hot") for the year 2019 and was quite amazed at the amount and quality of great stories he has offered up to us in these twelve months, with updates and postings every few days.
Thank you, Tim, for your unflagging energy and devotion to making this site one of the best there is over the decade or so I've relied on it for my daily read.

James Merkin
Re: Happy Christmas and thank you  [message #76464 is a reply to message #76462] Wed, 01 January 2020 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

The site goes even further back than the start of the changelog, way before the point you limited yourself to. I've always tried to be selective of the tales I choose.

Re: Happy Christmas and thank you  [message #76465 is a reply to message #76442] Thu, 02 January 2020 04:39 Go to previous message
Paul Schroder is currently offline  Paul Schroder

Getting started

Happy New Year, Tim.  And the same to all who post stories or read stories here at iomfats.  I hope 2020 will find us all in good health and prosperous.
Previous Topic: Solstice
Next Topic: American Impeachment proceedings
Goto Forum: