A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > The Secret Life Of Nerds
The Secret Life Of Nerds  [message #77219] Wed, 19 August 2020 20:08 Go to next message
luvtwinks is currently offline  luvtwinks

Likes it here

I think I'm going to like this story a lot. So far it appears love is the air but there's always that one guy (probably the closet gay) that has to stir the shit pot. Looking forward to future chapters.
Re: The Secret Life Of Nerds  [message #77230 is a reply to message #77219] Sun, 23 August 2020 18:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Teddy is currently offline  Teddy

Really getting into it

"luvtwinks wrote on Wed, 19 August 2020 13:08"
...but there's always that one guy (probably the closet gay) that has to stir the shit pot.

--
Hey! Don't judge the "closet guy"! LOL

I have vague recollections of reading this tale elsewhere, but can't figurer where because the story is posting pretty much simultaneously on all the sites I frequent. And you're probs righ about "closet guy".

“There's no grays, only white that's got grubby. I'm surprised you don't know that. And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including yourself. That's what sin is.” - Terry Pratchett
Re: The Secret Life Of Nerds  [message #77231 is a reply to message #77230] Mon, 24 August 2020 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ivor slipper is currently offline  ivor slipper

Likes it here

"Teddy wrote on Sun, 23 August 2020 18:53"

"luvtwinks wrote on Wed, 19 August 2020 13:08"
...but there's always that one guy (probably the closet gay) that has to stir the shit pot.

--
Hey! Don't judge the "closet guy"! LOL

I have vague recollections of reading this tale elsewhere, but can't figurer where because the story is posting pretty much simultaneously on all the sites I frequent. And you're probs righ about "closet guy".

--
Like you I also had the feeling of deja vu when reading this, but couldn't find it. Then I stumbled across a reference to it in a Forum Thread at AD where it appeared in 2018 - but from an author with  different name...
Re: The Secret Life Of Nerds  [message #77233 is a reply to message #77231] Mon, 24 August 2020 18:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

"ivor slipper wrote on Mon, 24 August 2020 01:20"
Like you I also had the feeling of deja vu when reading this, but couldn't find it. Then I stumbled across a reference to it in a Forum Thread at AD where it appeared in 2018 - but from an author with  different name...

I googled. It is there twice... under both names...

“There's no grays, only white that's got grubby. I'm surprised you don't know that. And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including yourself. That's what sin is.” - Terry Pratchett
Re: The Secret Life Of Nerds  [message #77234 is a reply to message #77233] Mon, 24 August 2020 19:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

The author uses both names

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: The Secret Life Of Nerds  [message #77235 is a reply to message #77234] Mon, 24 August 2020 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

"timmy wrote on Mon, 24 August 2020 12:56"
The author uses both names

--
No worries here. I am enjoying this tale again Smile

Re: The Secret Life Of Nerds  [message #77237 is a reply to message #77219] Tue, 25 August 2020 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ivor slipper is currently offline  ivor slipper

Likes it here

Could this be 'The Revenge of the Nerds'?

https://youtu.be/cJI2Ua4xhKs
Re: The Secret Life Of Nerds  [message #77238 is a reply to message #77237] Tue, 25 August 2020 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cm is currently offline  cm

Toe is in the water

Armstrong & Miller were one of my favourite British comedy duos. They've both now got sparkling individual careers doing other things, but it's well worth searching out other clips if you enjoyed this one.
Re: The Secret Life Of Nerds  [message #77239 is a reply to message #77238] Tue, 25 August 2020 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bensiamin is currently offline  Bensiamin

Likes it here

That clip is brilliant! I especially loved the stare down as the good Doctor began to extract his vengeance!

Bensiamin
Re: The Secret Life Of Nerds  [message #77242 is a reply to message #77237] Tue, 25 August 2020 19:14 Go to previous message

Really getting into it

"ivor slipper wrote on Tue, 25 August 2020 02:30"

Could this be 'The Revenge of the Nerds'?

--
Ablsolutely hilarious! It WOULD feel good to be "Roberts", wouldn't it?

Previous Topic: Goofy Foot
Next Topic: Mervyn At Sunnybanks
Goto Forum: