A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Well done Jake Daniels
Well done Jake Daniels  [message #78342] Tue, 17 May 2022 08:56 Go to next message
cm is currently offline  cm

Toe is in the water

Jake Daniels is a 17-year old professional footballer who has had the guts to come out as gay. Brave and wonderful. He has my utmost respect.

Jake Daniels: Blackpool striker, 17, becomes first active UK male footballer to come out as gay Teenager determined to be a role model -- 'If they think this kid is brave enough to do this, I can too'

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/imageserver/image/%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F48a75a74-d537-11ec-8585-951ab3afb4d2.jpg?crop=798%2C449%2C6%2C60&resize=1200

Daniels signed his first professional contract with Blackpool this year

[Updated on: Tue, 17 May 2022 09:01]

Re: Well done Jake Daniels  [message #78343 is a reply to message #78342] Tue, 17 May 2022 16:06 Go to previous message
NW is currently offline  NW

On fire!

From the news reports I've read, it sounds as though he's getting proper support - from his team-mates, from the club, from Stonewall, and from the Professional Footballers Association, amongst others. I'm delighted to see that!  I'm of an age to remember the appalling treatmant Justin Fashanu recieved once he came out in the 1990s, which I think helped keep many footballers in the last 25-30 years firmly in the closet.

All the best to Jake Daniels - a very brave young man.

"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. ... Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night devoid of stars." Martin Luther King
Previous Topic: Gary Conder, excellent australian author
Next Topic: Contact
Goto Forum: