A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > About Number Seven... Challenge
About Number Seven... Challenge  [message #78448] Sat, 21 January 2023 09:15 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I got a bit of a wiggle on and have About Number Seven... ready for folk to look at, in preview

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: About Number Seven... Challenge  [message #78449 is a reply to message #78448] Sat, 21 January 2023 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ivor slipper is currently offline  ivor slipper

Likes it here

Is it to be written in German?:d:d:d
Re: About Number Seven... Challenge  [message #78450 is a reply to message #78449] Sat, 21 January 2023 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

"ivor slipper wrote on Sat, 21 January 2023 09:54"

Is it to be written in German?:d:d:d

--
If you like.  But I seriously don't understand...

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: About Number Seven... Challenge  [message #78452 is a reply to message #78450] Sat, 21 January 2023 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Ah! Now I see!

Re: About Number Seven... Challenge  [message #78496 is a reply to message #78452] Fri, 24 March 2023 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Surveys open at noon today

Re: About Number Seven... Challenge  [message #78498 is a reply to message #78496] Sat, 25 March 2023 19:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JCDII is currently offline  JCDII

Getting started

Hi - well I did really like all 3 stories!  But thought the long one, My Best Friend is Gay, really didn't belong here. 
It would have been a great story to put on the general list for the 16 chapters.
Nothing close to the picture was in the story.  just IMHO

The other 2 were pretty great also.  Especially Tackling, with the uninterested female coach at the end...just priceless!
And we didn't need to read German for Sieben, which was good too.
Thanks - Johnny
Re: About Number Seven... Challenge  [message #78499 is a reply to message #78498] Sat, 25 March 2023 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

While you make a strong point that one story was not about the picture, it was only necessary for it to be inspired by the picture.

It's great that you liked it despite considering that it might not belong. The challenges are here to encourage writing talent we might not see otherwise.

[Updated on: Sat, 25 March 2023 22:10]

Re: About Number Seven... Challenge  [message #78500 is a reply to message #78499] Sun, 26 March 2023 19:51 Go to previous message
cole parker is currently offline  cole parker

Toe is in the water

That's exactly what the picture did for me: captured my interest, woke me up.  Very evocative; almost wrote the story for me.  That's what's good about these challenges: they allow you to react creatively to what you see and feel when they're posted.

I don't respond to a lot of these, but the ones that move me, I'm happy, even excited to write about.  I'm quite surpirsed this picture didn't receive more attention.

Cole 
Previous Topic: Whistler - A Writing Challenge
Next Topic: Lael
Goto Forum: