A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > Where to find me....
Where to find me....  [message #78691] Thu, 18 January 2024 12:54 Go to next message
dartagnon is currently offline  dartagnon

Likes it here

Hiya guys, it's been a while.

I recently received an e-mail from someone who apparently read my stories here and had a problem.  Understandable.  Then that person got quite rude about it.  Oh-kay.  And while I have sent that person a return e-mail featuring somewhat milder language, is does pose an interesting question.  What to do about storys that appear incomplete here, yet for technical reasons are finished and posted fully elsewhere?

To that end, my other storys and the continuation of things i began here will be listed at the end of this post.  Take it for what it is, not as any preference or difficulty with Timmy's amazing site.  We got behind a technical glitch and that is all there was to it.  I dunno if the e-mail blocker is still in effect or not.  Just seemed the thing to do at the time.

Yes, i still write, but not as much as i used to.  Time is catching up with me and i find it very diffictult to get entire chaters done in a few days anymore.  Time has not been kind either.  When i started writing here, over 20 years ago, i didn't have any healthy problems, aches, or nearly as many heartaches as have come across my desk.  A sea of tragedy, comedy, joy and the knowledge there are fewer days ahead of me than now behind.  I don't expect that everyone will identify with these problems as yet, but one day you shall. 

so for all those still trying to follow my past works and the newer ones, I will light the path.  https://castleroland.net/author-stories/?auth_id=110 is where my stories may be found, mostly updated.  I am struggling to complete two stories so that the "Gang" will all be together to continue forwards.  As often happens with writing, complications arise.  Evolving plots, things in real life that alter how you look at things, even simple events that complicate your days.  I am hoping to be done with it in this year and then can look to other projects.

To my fans, i humbly offer my works for your amusement.  For my detractors, see your way out, please, I'm busy writing.  And for Timmy, thank you again for putting up with some of the silly things I've said over the years.  Patience of a saint, my friend.

Seeya on the other side,
D'Artagnon, aka Robby
Re: Where to find me....  [message #78692 is a reply to message #78691] Thu, 18 January 2024 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Quote:
 What to do about storys that appear incomplete here, yet for technical reasons are finished and posted fully elsewhere?

You complete them here. I've always wondered why you never have.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Where to find me....  [message #78693 is a reply to message #78692] Fri, 19 January 2024 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

If you want them, and that e-mail blockage has been cleared up, sure.  I'll send them.

Re: Where to find me....  [message #78694 is a reply to message #78693] Fri, 19 January 2024 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I honestly have no idea about an email blockage. Please send me a test email. If that arrives (I will reply) then we can go ahead easily.

Please check your index page to see what needs to be sent.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Where to find me....  [message #78695 is a reply to message #78694] Sat, 20 January 2024 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

Of what you have, there are several additional chapters missing, and unfortunately those stories are continuing.  I have a list of my total list, as is,referencing what you have at IOMFATS, plus the other storiesRiposte seems to keep dragging the story into further chapters beyond where i'd originally intended.  I have chapters 11 = 15, and chapters "J" - "O" (remember that these follow alphabetical order)

Continuing in the Summer stories there is another two stories.  One is completed.  It is called "Bolt from the Blue", has 6 longish chapters.  The other is called "The 5th Age" is still in production and suffers the same fate as Riposte, since events in the one influence events in the other, which i'm in the process of writing on both fronts at once.  5th Age currently has seven chapters written with at least two to go before the event, all long chapters.

Which brings us into the Fall stories,There is one that features ahead of Educating Max, called "The Diary of Alex the Great"  This one is a three part story.written short story format.From there we get to the Lost Boys lost chapters.  6 - 15, completing that story.

This much totals 11 chapters of Riposte, 6 chapters of Bolt, 7 chapters of 5th Age, 3 parts of Diary, and 10 chapters of Lost Boys.  For a total of 37 files.Also, i have written three short stories you might like.  Two are Halloween stories featuring the same cast, set one year apart, the third was written as a Christmas story (kind of a donut story)  So if you want them, that's a total of 40 files so far plus more chapters in the process.
Re: Where to find me....  [message #78696 is a reply to message #78695] Sat, 20 January 2024 18:10 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

Please send them when ready. Please group them so that I receive all remaining chapters of ONE incomplete story per email, and send the emails in the order you wish me to run each to completion.

When you have sent all remaining chapters of the incomplete tales (I recognise that one seems to extend just when you thik you might have fininshed it, and I can work with that), please send any new stories, again in the order you wish me to run them.

If we handle it this way I will not get overwhelmed.

Remember that I only publish one story per author per publishing day, and I publish each tale to completion before starting another

If you feel the need to polish (or supply revisions of) chapters already published, please treat this as a separate exercise, and work with me when you feel the need to perform updates. But please, not a huge bundle of stuff all at the same time! I need time to breathe

Previous Topic: Trick? Or Treat? by Nico Grey
Next Topic: Soulbound
Goto Forum: