A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Support for Comicality's Mother!
Support for Comicality's Mother!  [message #78778] Thu, 06 June 2024 21:38 Go to next message
JeffsFort is currently offline  JeffsFort

Getting started

Hi guys!

For those of you who follow the work of Comicality, I'm so sorry everything has been moving so slowly in getting his sites secured or waking IMAGINE Magazine back up. I'd be lying if I told you I wasn't planning every single step based on where not to walk lately which has been trying to say the least.

We all know that Comicality was a very private person. Very few knew who he was in his offline life and of those people, he still managed to control exactly what info he would share. I was blessed enough to be in the inner circle when it was needed most so, I'm planning that next step based on a few questions I've received regarding being able to offer help to Comicality's mother after suffering a reduction in income and the large expense of his final arrangements. Of course, she didn't even know who "Comicality" is, which is unfortunate and made this a little difficult, but not impossible.

After speaking to her regarding the fact that Comsie had a lot of friends online who would like to find a way to help, I explained that we could attempt a fundraiser to try to help get her head above water again. Setting up a GoFundMe for the first time was a little easier than I expected and having it pay directly to her will be just as easy. So, I asked for permission to share the fundraiser here and hopefully get her a little relief from people who cared an awful lot about her son. I plan to share it anywhere I will be allowed to and to continue to protect the privacy of Comicality's legacy and family, will continue to offer her help in any way that I can, including relaying assistance and well wishes from a lot of people she didn't even know existed https://d1qgxicy0era6o.cloudfront.net/emoticons/default_wink.png There's been so much heart hurt since April but, we do have the ability to do something positive with it. Please consider giving Comsie's mom a little help. If all of us gave even just a little, it would be a huge help to someone who was the rock to a person who would become our rock online. Thanks everyone! If you have any questions or comments, let me know here and I'll continue to follow the topic https://d1qgxicy0era6o.cloudfront.net/emoticons/default_smile.png

https://gofund.me/6e3c4532

https://shackoutback.net/chapters/ComicalityScatter-gfm.jpg
Re: Support for Comicality's Mother!  [message #78779 is a reply to message #78778] Thu, 06 June 2024 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Thank you for the opportunity to make a donation.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Support for Comicality's Mother!  [message #78781 is a reply to message #78779] Fri, 07 June 2024 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Getting started

This is for him from all of us. It was important to him she was taken care of so, that's what we're gonna do Wink

::HUGZ::
Re: Support for Comicality's Mother!  [message #78791 is a reply to message #78778] Sat, 29 June 2024 11:42 Go to previous message

Getting started

Another Update: Cool one too...
First and most important, the GoFundMe is still up. There have been a small hand full of people who have expressed their desire to help further. I bent the truth a bit and told her i didn'tt think i could shut it down because of the high goal i set for it. It sounded like a good reason to me. Yesterday the first payout of $2320.00 arrived at her house and while I was sleeping in preparation for an overnight payroll run, I recieved a text that is intended for us all:
Quote:
Jeff, you have been instrumental in getting this fund raiser up and running. Thank you for all the time and hard work you put in. 
My son always had good taste in friends, I am delighted to know that all of you took as much pleasure in writing as he did.
[His]'s friends shared their hearts in the most amazing ways, it was not about being noticed for the act of kindness but simply a reflection of their generous spirit that guides them.
Please send my thanks to everyone for their generosity, best wishes and prayers. May you all be blessed with good fortune.
Many thanks,
[Momicality]

My response this morning:
Quote:
But we already were blessed with good fortune, we found each other 😊For years we all joked about how cool it was that we all became like family even though we had never met face to face, a few of us were in for the long haul. It's been difficult since [Comicality] passed, for all of us. He was a very kind soul who went out of his way when he felt someone was down to help lift them back up. This is the man you raised and the reason we had to do something, even if it was just a small gesture on our part to thank you.
Thanks for allowing us to be there for you now and for him always. It means just as much to all his friends as it does to me personally.

The fundraiser will have another payout as soon as it is actually shut down. The way I set it up was with a high goal but didn't realize that set the duration as well. It's just as well because a couple people have asked if we could let it ride a little longer, so you aren't getting rid of me so easily I'm afraid, hehehe.

So, thanks to all for helping lighten her load a little. I put in way too much work when it comes to the online stuff sometimes and for my extended family, I would gladly put in even more. This one I absolutely could not have done alone.

::HUGZ::
Previous Topic: RIP Comicality
Next Topic: Numbers
Goto Forum: