A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > Jack Schaeffer
Jack Schaeffer  [message #78784] Mon, 17 June 2024 16:18 Go to next message
jbboucha is currently offline  jbboucha

Getting started

Today let me deeply deplore the fact that the evil ascendancy of this sinister and criminal individual (you will surely recognize him) has been depriving us for so many years of the stories of the talented author Jack Schaeffer.

JBB
Re: Jack Schaeffer  [message #78785 is a reply to message #78784] Mon, 17 June 2024 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Context, please?

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Jack Schaeffer  [message #78787 is a reply to message #78784] Tue, 18 June 2024 15:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joecasey is currently offline  joecasey

Toe is in the water

Is this the author you're talking about?

https://jackschaeffer.com/

I found it without too much trouble; it bears a 2024 copyright date, so it seems current. I see only two works on the site; are there others that you know about that we aren't seeing?

Joe
Re: Jack Schaeffer  [message #78788 is a reply to message #78787] Fri, 21 June 2024 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mark

Likes it here

There is also the Looking for Jack Schaeffer thread over in the General Talk section of this site.  It's a little older (a few posts from 2021 and a few more from 2022), but does mention that his stories are outside the niche to be posted here, and at least one story that had been posted elsewhere on a couple of other sites was removed at his request for an intended rewrite.

[Updated on: Fri, 21 June 2024 05:33]

Re: Jack Schaeffer  [message #78797 is a reply to message #78788] Sat, 06 July 2024 04:00 Go to previous message
Al N. is currently offline  Al N.

Getting started

Quote:
at least one story that had been posted elsewhere on a couple of other sites was removed at his request for an intended rewrite.

That is correct, Mark. Back in 2021, Jack requested we (Castle Roland) remove his stories for a supposed rewrite.
Previous Topic: Call for Authors: AwesomeDude 20th Anniversary Event
Next Topic: It has been a horrible july
Goto Forum: