A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > Locker 104 Writing Challenge
Locker 104 Writing Challenge  [message #78789] Fri, 21 June 2024 08:53 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Locker 104 is in preview

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Locker 104 Writing Challenge  [message #78790 is a reply to message #78789] Fri, 21 June 2024 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rutabaga is currently offline  Rutabaga

Getting started

Is that a young Brent Corrigan on the right?

R

[Updated on: Fri, 21 June 2024 14:40]

Re: Locker 104 Writing Challenge  [message #78798 is a reply to message #78790] Sun, 11 August 2024 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jolyon Lewes

Toe is in the water

I've just spent a spellbound hour reading and thoroughly enjoying Kit's Appearances. A thoroughly believable story, set in modern times, its hero is Duncan, a boy with a tragic past, which has made him wary of ever trusting anybody or of making friends. I have little in common with Duncan but quickly felt an affinity with him. I wanted him to be happy.

I failed to tick the box saying I'd identified with any member of the cast. That was a mistake because I did identify with one person - the old priest who gently gets Duncan to make sense of his life. I'm not a priest but was known for helping young men make sense of their lives.

The excellence of Kit's story shows that it's entirely possible to write a moving and compelling story about teenage love without resorting to graphic sex scenes.

The best thing of all is that after ten years of absence from this Place of Safety, Kit is back, and with a story to join his other exceptional stories as masterpieces of fiction.

Jolyon
Re: Locker 104 Writing Challenge  [message #78804 is a reply to message #78789] Wed, 21 August 2024 01:04 Go to previous message
Toby Johnston is currently offline  Toby Johnston

Getting started

Absolutely loved all three of these stories.  Kudos to the authors and their imaginations--taking the inspiration in three very different, very engaging, and sentive directions!
Previous Topic: It has been a horrible july
Next Topic: Writing Challenge - Waiting
Goto Forum: